Friday, September 14, 2007

The Spak Report Gets a Point!

Okay, the prophesied day has come! Sort of!

I've always said I intended to eventually spin this blog off into a blog or blogs that has a point.

Well, I've come up with one. See, recently it became my job to write condense and rewrite news stories for Newser.com. You should go check it out, because it's a pretty nifty site, and also because every hit puts off the day when it goes under and I become unemployed.

Anyway, it occurred to me that I am now a lot more informed than I used to be on a whole lot of stories, many of which I wouldn't have followed or even known to follow if I wasn't being paid to. The thing about the internet era of news is that you very often don't pay attention to anything you don't already know about.

So my theory is that researching, understanding and writing three news stories a day might just transform me into someone with something interesting to say about the news. That's where The Spak Report comes in. Every day, I cover stories for Newser. Some interesting, some not. But my guess is that most days, I'll have something interesting to share, comment on, or vent about.

So that's what The Spak Report will be from now on - my news related blog, with something like daily posts (yeah right) about stories I've covered for Newser.

But wait! There's more!

I'll also be starting a comic book blog called Five Comic Draw. It will be for all things comic book, and maybe the occasional movie or book review every so often.

Those'll be it for now. The other main topics this blog has covered are Poetry and Baseball. Poetry is pretty fun to write about, but subjects are sort of intermittent and I don't want to run the risk of pissing people off every week. Baseball, as it turns out, is something that I love reading about, but don't actually have all that much to say about.

I will miss random whatever-the-hell-I-want Spak Report. I may still do some random posts like that. But tonight, I feel like doing something crazy, and it might as well be fucking with my blog.

Yes.

That's my idea of crazy.

Time to question the ol' lifestyle again...

No comments:

The latest from Newser