Friday, September 14, 2007

One. Fucking. Million.

Maybe you're wondering to yourself, "Self, just how bad is this war in Iraq anyway?"

I've got a number for an answer. The number is 1,000,000.

Seriously? This bummed me out to a degree I can't even explain.

This war, which anyone should have known was stupid, which I knew was stupid when I was fucking eighteen, has been responsible for the deaths of one million people. I don't care how bad things were under Sadam. One. Million. People.

Already we knew that more Americans have died in Iraq than on 9-11. But this... this is staggering.

And when you match this up against a military that plays such utter games with the death tolls, it's sickening. Did you know people shot in the front of the head aren't victims of sectarian violence? Same thing for car bombs.

The whole thing sickens me. And it's going to get no coverage.

Sorry for being such a downer. I'll do something funny soon, really.

No comments:

The latest from Newser